Friday, July 22, 2016

My Farewell Blog by Grace M.

Grace Mullin

Muhanga District, Southern Region



The time has arrived for a farewell blog. While I am certainly not done with my GAD work, I am officially closing my Peace Corps Service tomorrow. I have learned many things while on GAD, and have had many opportunities to grow as a person.

I could not be more grateful to have worked in a country who too is aligned with gender equity. I have learned so much through Rwandan programming, government mandates, and the gender-related programming we have done as Peace Corps Volunteers. Our last post highlighed one of my favorite projects of my service... our Let Girls Work Initiate. In addition, I have seen two Healthy Living Workshops, many camps, and even more trainings. I am humbled and inspired by those I have met in the process. The boys and girls who participated, the men and women who helped co-facilitate, the staff who worked behind the scenes. With the trajectory laid out by the Government of Rwanda, and the many programs here, I can see a very bright future. The students who have attended our programming have already begun to move on to bigger and better things. The staff who helped us teach, have been able to take what they know and learn and spread it farther than Peace Corps programming could ever take it.

To all those who have helped with GAD programming over the course of my 26 months in Rwanda, thank you. I am truly honored to have met you, learned from you and worked beside you. I will never forget the things that Rwanda has given me!









                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment